Dionisios Epifaniou Dimitriadis
Son of Epifanios Dimitriadis born in Skiathos in 1802. He studied in Constantinople and Paros where he became a monk and took the name Daniel (from Dimitrios - his real name). Between 1828-1830 he taught Greek in Skiathos and then returned to Paros where he founded a school and a boarding house. After the dispute with the bishop of the island he left to Mount Athos where he became a high-ranking priest named Dionisios.
From 1836 until 1841 he stayed in Fanari after the invitation of Ecumenical Patriarch Gregory VI, as a consultant on the church. In August 1841 he returned to Skiathos and became a monk at the monastery of Panagia Eikonistrias, which restored on his own expense. The monastery under his supervision became a real workhouse of monastic life with both social and religious aspects.
In 1852 he was forced to leave the island of Skiathos, went to Hydra, summoned by Athanasios Miaoulis and stayed there until 1882 and in old age he returned to Skiathos. On the hill of Profitis Ilias he built a three-floor building with a view to use it as a school. Unfortunately, it failed to accomplish this task, because he died on December 30, 1887.
Dionysius belongs to the group of the last Kollivades monks. He was a clergyman, highly educated and wherever he passed, he left strong marks of his presense. Unfortunately we have only two epigrams of him, written on the taps of Kounistra Monastery.
Undoubtedly, just like his father, he belongs in the Fathers of the Nation.