All Blue Flag Beaches of Skiathos
The Blue Flag Award is an international award for quality, security and services of a beach (or marina). This honorary title is given very rare and only to those beaches that meet several requirements such as:
- To be clean (and be frequent cleaning) .
- Being located away from industrial wastewater.
- To have clean waters ( confirmed by sample measurements) .
- The surrounding facilities must not harm the natural environment.
- There must be First Aid.
- There must be a lifeguard.
- To have easy access for people with disabilities.
But what are the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Skiathos? As you will read below, we are talking about Vasilias, Troulos, Megali Ammos, Koukounaries, Agia Paraskevi and Maratha.